Housing Help Centre at Community Care
Do you need assistance with:
- Ability to stay in school
- Affordable housing searches
- Assistance with Ontario Works and Ontario Disability
- Faxing items
- Facing eviction
- Money Management – Trusteeship Service (including youth, 16 – 24 years old)
- Obtaining ID
- Ontario Energy Assistance Program
- Re-entering society after leaving institutions
- Receiving mail
- Referrals to other resources, programs and services in the community
- Referral for furniture
- Phone use
- Preparing Income Taxes (spring only)
- Utility Assistance
Housing Help Services
For more information on Housing Programs, please review service descriptions and how to register.
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
With the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), low-income households can receive a credit on each electricity bill. The amount of the credit will depend on how many people live in your house and your combined household income.
Find out if you are eligible and how to apply, please call (905) 984-8955.
Monday – Friday: 9am to Noon – 1pm to 3pm
Housing Help Centre of Community Care
129 Church St., St. Catharines, ON L2R 3E2
- People will be receiving their cheques with no contact through our front door. Monthly budget of basic needs has resumed
- All utilities will be paid based on last month’s budget
- TD bank cheque cashing privilege – 31 Queen St.
- Rents will be mailed or direct deposited to TD accounts only
People can be assisted remotely via phone or email
Niagara Regional Housing
Applications will be taken over the phone and sent to NRH. If any information is missing NRH will send the client a letter and the client can return missing information directly to NRH via email, regular mail or fax.
By appointment only. Please call Diane at 905-685-1349 x221
Service Canada clinic - halted temporarily
OESP electricity credit
will still be done remotely via, fax, phone or email
LEAP Enbridge and Hydro One
people are instructed to contact United Way Simcoe Muskoka
1-855-487-5327. Verification will be done via Housing Help.
LEAP Electra applications can be taken over the phone and managed remotely
Utility Assistance Program
- Threat of and/or disconnection of heat or hydro
- Demands for large deposits
Our staff will work with you to ensure you meet the program’s criteria, including:
- A prescreening telephone interview with one of our staff will determine eligibility for assistance
- An appointment is made within the 21 day period, enabling you to gather documents and information to complete the application
- Once you are qualified, a grant is approved for arrears up to $500
- The grant will be paid directly to your utility company
When you arrive at your appointment, we ask you to please provide the following information:
- Identification for all members of your household
Statements providing proof of all income within the household
- A recent copy of a 30 day banking statement
Current utility bill and disconnection notice
- Rent receipt and mortgage statement
- These items must be provided for our staff to apply for the funds to assist you in order to prevent disconnection for those qualified for assistance.
We ask that you attend your scheduled appointment and bring all required documentation listed above. Please be aware that unfortunately, there is no guarantee your application will be approved.
To make an appointment, please call: (905) 984-8955
We provide nutritious, accessible food to those in need.
We assist those who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, are recieving government assistance, or are facing eviction.
Dental, vision care & medical supports are often available based on funding. Inquire about eligibility.
From newborns & new parents to seniors, we have programs to assist with essentials for everyone in our community.