More than a food bank
In addition to the food security, housing help, health support, family support, we offer addtional services such as our clothing and household good program, and a Trusteeship Program for you and adults.
Our clothing room is open Monday – Friday from 9am until 3:30pm for our registered to clients to shop.
Household Goods Program
We offer a selection of household good items at our locations. Thorold features small appliances and linen, our St. Catharines location offers linen including curtains, towels and bedding when available.
Money Management & Trusteeship
Trusteeship Program for Adults: Community Care offers this program to support adults with Money management skills and direct distribution of support funds.
Money management begins by setting specific goals. We have come up with tips and strategies to help you on your way to a comfortable budget.
Getting Organized with Comfortable Budgetting
- Start simply by listing your monthly expenses: begin with your fixed expenses like rent/mortgage and utilities, then list expenses that are more flexible like food, transportation and entertainment
- Track what you spend for 30 days, and keep receipts and a list of what you spend and where
- Make notes about bills (fixed expenses) you have paid and when
- After 30 days, take a look at where your money goes…
- Are there ways to adjust your budget?
- Was there anything that surprised you?
- Were you spending more or less than you thought you were?
After these considerations, make adjustments to your budget that suit your needs. Create a filing system that allows you to continue to track your fixed and flexible expenses easily: a simple shoe box will do!
Budget Friendly Tips
- Keep track of when you spend cash and on what items
- Using a calendar note when your bills are due
- Keep cash in a labelled envelope for flexible expenses: only use cash for flexible expenses
- Pay your bills on time
- Look over your budget monthly
- Look for simple ways to spend less
- Open a savings account
- Decide on a dollar amount you want to put aside every month
Chose an account that is right for you
- Ask questions
- Limit access to savings account with a Debit Card; use deposit only accounts
- Remember every little bit counts!
- Plan ahead
We provide nutritious, accessible food to those in need.
We assist those who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, are recieving government assistance, or are facing eviction.
Dental, vision care & medical supports are often available based on funding. Inquire about eligibility.
From newborns & new parents to seniors, we have programs to assist with essentials for everyone in our community.