Who We Are
Since 1984 Community Care Thorold has been meeting the needs of those facing hardships in our community.
Initially Community Care gratefully accepted food donations and gently used clothing in their location within the basement of the Thorold City Hall (formally L.G. Lorriman School) on Carleton Street.
In 2004, Community Care relocated to 19 Albert Street West for higher visibility and access for our clients. Programs range from food security, clothing and household goods, to emergency services and supports throughout the Region that lead to the independence clients strive to achieve.
On Valentine’s Day, 2005 the clothing and small household goods program was extended into a Thrift Store.
Did you Know?
- Community Care’s Thrift Shop in Thorold is open to everyone!*
- Clients, residents and the local community of Thorold all benefit from Community Care’s Thorold Thrift Shop enjoying a vast array of quality gently used clothing and household items available at very modest prices.
- All items are thoughtfully donated by the public in clean, good working condition.
- Gently used men’s, ladies, children’s and baby clothing as well as accessories.
- Small household goods and linens.
- All sales support Thorold Community Care.
* Registered clients of Community Care are non-paying customers.