Dine Out For Hunger
Why Dine Out For Hunger?
1 in 5 children struggle with hunger in Niagara. Help Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold change that. You’re invited to join an anti-hunger restaurant movement where every meal matters.
What is Dine Out For Hunger?
Dine Out For Hunger hopes to bring together Niagara area restaurants to raise funds to ensure that no child goes hungry, that we are able to support every family and individual who seeks supports through our food security program and to provide healthful meals one child, one individual and one family at a time.
Where will the money go?
- The funds will be used to help empower and educate our clients to cook healthy meals on a budget at home
- The funds will allow us to increase the number of families and individuals served through our Savoury Samples Meal Program
- The funds will enable Community Care to provide our Most Needed Items
How do you become involved?
Customize your own promotion to suit your restaurant style.
- Consider donating a portion of sales from a low cost menu item. Example: $1 from every bowl of soup sold, $1 from a specific salad.
- Consider creating a new menu item, with a signature name and market that a portion of the proceeds goes to Community Care. Example: ‘Give back garlic bread’.
You can make this work for your establishment any way you wish!
The Works! A Dine Out For Hunger Success Story!
Our friend Mario, owner of The Works, St. Catharines on James Street downtown, has a passion for his community and those who live within it! That’s why he decided to make a difference one burger at a time.
The Works launched “burgers that give back” after a very successful anniversary campaign where over $1,000 was collected for Community Care.
Following this success The Works launched their Dine Out For Hunger Campaign where $1 from every sale of Born to Brie Good Burger throughout 2017 will be donated to Community Care.
Now, this daily initiative allows Mario’s customers to make a delicious and philanthropic choice from his menu.
Mario benefits from advertising this decision to give back to his community and he can be proud to continue to serve good food and support a good cause.
What do we need to get started?
Conatct us! We can't wait to hear from you!
Betty-Lou Souter, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Byers, Fund Development Officer: email@example.com
We are grateful to be able to reach out to the hospitality industry in our community. It is our hope that your passion for food and a good meal can transcend into a passion to help those who do go hungry every day and with that ignite an anti-hunger restaurant movement in Niagara.
We believe no one should go hungry, and anticipate that this campaign, with your help, will put us one step closer to achieving this goal.
Every meal matters.
Where can I Dine Out For Hunger now?